Olieven Development Association
We Strive to Conquer
- To render awareness programme on domestic violence and women and child abuse
- To provide moral regeneration and spiritual upliftment for HIV infected and affected families
- To establish and support income generating projects that will sustain family needs
- To provide material assistance and food parcels the needy and vulnerable members of the community
- To develop a referral system for our clients
- To gather information regarding services that are provided by government and other institutions
Current State of Olieven Development Association
The center is a community-based organization that have partnered with the Department Of Social Development, Accenture SA, World of Sports, City Of Tshwane, Siyafunda CTC, Africa Code Week, HWSETA, the National Lottery Commission, and other donors. Since then, we have dedicated ourselves to servicing the community members of Olievenhoutbosch, Laezonia and Mooiplaas together with the neighbouring wards.
Here’s an overview of achievements on the programmes we ran the past year 2018/2019
Advice, Information, Referral and Placements
The information and referral point that assist members of the community, school children, youth and business people to utilise the valuable information that is made available to them. 1856 beneficiaries walked through the information centre.
Skills Training and Development
Life Skills training: Ke Moja ka Nyaope, Substance Abuse awareness, moral regeneration, goal setting, work readiness, group dynamics and money sense
Technical Skills: Security and draping decor
Business Skills: Small Business, End User Computing and Cashier Training
The social relief programmes assist the destitute, the bereaved, the OVC’s, the people with disabilities, the people who suffer from TB and the terminally ill.
Moral Regeneration through counselling sessions are conducted as an intervention to households that need support.
Material and Disaster assistance=families are given support and relief in case of emergencies. We assist orphans, vulnerable and terminally ill whereby the change agent is sought in the family. The visist is done by social workers and the immediate solution is facilitated.
Success in 2018/2019
- JASA trained 30 women for level 4 of entrepreneurial programme
- 5 Staff members were trained in Community Health Work
- SWEEP SOUTH employed women as domestic workers
- TSHWARANANG CRECHE in Mooiplaas was pained on Mandela Day
- Women's day was held for 80 ladies who attended Intel She Will Connect
- 41 Kids recieved clothes deom Gidi Business Solutions
- 15 Kids graduated from Scratch, Coding and Html trained by Accenture
- 221 Kids attended Africa Coding Week
- Dialogue on Gender Based Violence in Olieven Community Hall
- We recieved a printer from Siyafunda CTC
- 80 Women attended Legal rights session for women